Named after a historical fort, Al Koot, one of the oldest forts in the country which was built in the ottoman period in 1880 when Doha was little more than a village, the company is a symbol of protection for the energy industry.
Al Koot was incorporated in 2003 under the Council of Ministers’ Resolution No.
27 issued in accordance with Article 68 of the companies law ( the “AK Decree) as a 100 percent owned captive insurance company of Qatar Petroleum.
In 2008 QP decided to set up a Petroleum Services Company and has transferred its ownership of its services companies, namely Al Koot, Gulf Drilling International and Gulf Helicopters to the new Holding Company Gulf International Services (GIS). QP also offered 70% of (GIS) to the public through an IPO process, in line with the state privatization policy.
Al Koot Insurance & Reinsurance Company
Following the IPO process, Al Koot has become a Subsidiary of GIS, established as a Qatari Shareholding Company under the laws of Qatar. Following this reorganisation, Al Koot is no longer a direct subsidiary of QP. Under the terms of the IPO, QP agreed to continue to use the insurance and reinsurance services to Al Koot as if Al Koot were still the QP group’s captive Insurer.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.